Monday, May 10, 2010

Wayanad,

Last week, I was in Wayanad. I stayed in Beuna vista homestay. It was one of the best homestay experiences I ever had. Anil and his family were the best hosts. Even their children, a relative who was staying with them, Anils dad & Mom who lives next door all shared the same attitude and nature.
Oh I cant resist going back to them. Excellent food they served, for us it was typical keralite food complete with Raw Jackfruit puzhukku, Natholi fry, Appam etc.
Anil has two cottages and one room attached to his house and is in the middle of an organic farm.
He directed us to Uravu, where we saw bamboo being used for construction. they use it to reinforce concrete in place of steel. I boughts some bamboo handicrafts, pen made with bamboo etc. Forgot to mention Chakka varattiyathu and dehydrated fruits ( jack fruit and banana)

No comments:

Post a Comment